How To Flash Brew Coffee
What you need:
- 6-cup or 8-cup Chemex®
- Chemex® filter
- 175 grams of ice
- 50 grams of your favorite Koffee Kult coffee
- Boiling hot water
- Stir stick
1. Situate the Chemex® filter in the brewer and make sure that the single fold is facing away from the spout and that the multiple folds are lined up against the spout.
2. Rinse the filter and purge the Chemex of the rinse water. Also rinse the Chemex with cold water after this so as to not have a pre-heated Chemex®
3. Fill the bottom of the Chemex® with 175 grams of ice.
4. Weigh out roughly 50 grams of your favorite Koffee Kult coffee, grind it until coarse and place in your brewer on top of the scale, then zero out the scale.
5. Boil 1,200-1,400 grams of water for a 6-cup Chemex®.
6. Pour the hot water until all of your Arabica coffee grounds are saturated.
7. Use 50 grams of water for a bloom. Wait 30-40 seconds.
8. Slowly pour the rest of the water over the coffee.
9. Give the flash brew coffee a few swirls once it is done dripping to completely cool the coffee.
10. Serve in a glass over fresh ice and enjoy. You may want to add a splash of milk or cream.