Koffee Kult Cold Brew
Not a fan of hot coffee? Cold brew gives a refreshing twist on the popular breakfast beverage by turning it into a coffee that is perfect no matter what time of day, no matter what the palate. Add caramel, chocolate, vanilla, your favorite dairy additive, or even peppermint flavoring, and you have a refreshing cold brew coffee that even someone who isn’t a fan of coffee is sure to love!
So, how can you make awesome cold brew in the comfort of your own home, without having to drive to the local café or barista? Koffee Kult not only supplies the most delicious Arabica coffee beans, but we also have a cold brew guide for turning our amazing Arabica coffee beans into cold coffee perfection!
First off, it’s nice to know why cold brew coffee is such a popular way of enjoying coffee. Since cold brew is cut 50/50 with milk, water, or other mixers, it is perfect for those looking for a subtle coffee flavor with a sweet touch and lower concentration of acidity.
Here at Koffee Kult, we prefer to brew our cold brew using the following brew guide:
- Take one pound of your favorite Koffee Kult coffee and ground it until coarse.
- Combine your one pound of Koffee Kult coffee grounds with one pound of water (your amount of water should match the amount of grounds).
- Place the coffee grounds into the filter bag, and then place the bag into the brewing jug.
- Cover the filter filled with grounds with cold water, making sure that all of the grounds have been covered and saturated.
- Place the lid on your cold brewing jug and let it sit at room temperature for at least 12 hours. Remember, for cold brew – the longer it sits the better.
- After the time is up, voila! Pour your delicious Koffee Kult cold brew over ice, add some flavored syrup, creamer, and whatever else your heart desires, and ENJOY a nice cold brew!
You know how you can let cherries soak in vodka until the vodka tastes like cherries? That’s exactly what cold brew does! Koffee Kult not only wants coffee aficionados to understand why cold brew is awesome, but also the process behind making it; simply keep in mind that if you soak something in water long enough, it will take on the taste.
When you are cold brewing coffee in your Toddy Cold Brew Jug, you are infusing the water to taste like coffee. While the process of heating coffee grounds creates higher acid levels in general, the acid level of cold brew is much lower than that of hot coffee. So, no matter how much you may love a good ole’ cup of hot joe, you may want to test out some cold brew and give your teeth a break!
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article